Monday, August 23, 2010

The Lonely Polygamist

I love, love, loved this book. Usually when you read a book about polygamy it's from the wives point of view. This book was from everyone's viewpoint.... the husband, the wives, one of the kids, and even from the house's point of view.
It's not overly religious or preachy, but just perfect. The story is great, the characters are great, there is just enough sex to keep it interesting, and it was really a page turner even though it wasn't a crime or mystery novel.
I was on the wait list for this one for a while from the library, but again it was so good I just might have to buy this one to keep on my shelves. I could really see myself wanting to read this one again.
The best part was when Golden tells all his wives that he loves them and the newest wife realizes that when you sign up for polygamy you are signing up to believe that there is always enough love for everyone. Love is not finite. It is not measurable.
I loved it. It doesn't glorify or condemn polygamy, but just shows it as messy and confusing as any other family. It's the same...deaths, births, fighting, economic hardships, and pooping dogs.
Buy this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment