Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Naked in a Pile of Books

Can I just please please please have a job where I am required to read all day?
Can I have one of those jobs where I get stacks of books mailed to me?

I want packages of books delivered to my house each and every day. I want to rush to read them all. I want to categorize and catalog them. I want to smell the pages and see the beautiful cover art work. I want to know everything about every book that is published. I want to basically know everything that was ever written.

Is that too much?

Should I be a publisher? Is it possible to be a publisher or work for a publisher in Arizona?
It is possible to be a freelance librarian? Can I read books for Junior Library Guild? Horn Book? PW? Can I sell packages of librarian approved books? Should I be a bookseller? Can I just roll around naked in piles of books?

Am I obsessive? Of course. There is no denying that. I take medication daily for my obsessiveness.

Is there anything more healthy to be obsessed with than books? Well,  maybe health.

Can I sit in a big private library pouring over old books while listening to Handel's Messiah?

Can I wear my hair in a bun for the rest of my life, wear sensible shoes, and surround myself with cats in that dream library? Can I dress myself in long velvet gowns and sit in front of a raging fire in that library?

I've really got to get out of the house today.

No comments:

Post a Comment