Monday, October 14, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars

 
 


I know I am extremely late to the game on this book, but I had to put in my two cents.

This is the most perfect book I have ever read!

I had been putting off reading this for so long. I didn't want to read a cancer kids book. I didn't want to cry. I didn't think it would be any good.

I jumped on the hype bandwagon with Wonder and I couldnt' finish it. It was written horribly. I couldn't get past the first two chapters.

I found the Fault in Our Stars last week on Amazon with a Kindle sale price of only $3.99.
I bought it. My new thing was to just read the most recently purchased book at the top of the screen and this was it on Saturday.
I read it in one afternoon.

It is hilarious, existential, philosophical, sad, romantic, and realistic. There were big words used that even I had to look up for definitions. It was so different from most YA books that I pick up. They are usually just a story written by someone with a good idea. This is a story written by an artist. The plot is perfect. The timing is perfect. The dialog is perfect. The romance is perfect. The man knows how to turn a phrase.

I almost never say this, but, I am going to reread it. I will make all of my children read it when they are old enough, starting with my 13 year old right now.

This is how you write a book. Anything less is just a sorry attempt.

I will need an actual physical copy of this book and if I ever encounter John Green I will have it signed and put it in a glass box for posterity.



No comments:

Post a Comment